What is the Community Health Needs Assessment?
The Community Health Needs Assessment is required by local health departments to complete every 5 years and for hospitals to complete every 3 years. The following are the needs assessment goals for Lincoln County:
- Identify community strengths and opportunities in order to prioritize health focus areas.
- Serve as a resource for community stakeholders.
- Provide education and awareness of the overall health of Lincoln County to policy makers, community organizations, school, faith-based organizations, foundations, employers, public, and others.
- Provide data to demonstrate the need for resources to address health issues.
The community needs assessment process started with community partners in early 2017. Community partners were invited to review Lincoln County data related to Healthiest Wisconsin 2020 Focus Areas. The data presented was provided by community partners as well as the Wisconsin Division of Public Health. After the data was reviewed, selected members meet to develop and distribute a community health survey. The survey was handed out in the spring of 2017. Target audience for the survey included low income, older adults, employees, families and the general population. A Community Forum was held in August 2017 where community partners discussed how different populations within Lincoln County are affected due to health inequities and which health focus areas should be prioritized for Lincoln County in the coming years. From January 2018 to March 2018, face-to-face interviews took place to obtain additional perspectives and insights from key partners in the community with diverse backgrounds.
- Social Determinants of Health and Health Equity
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Nutrition and Healthy Foods
- Oral (Dental) Health
The following Healthiest Wisconsin 2020 Focus Areas were reviewed during the data process:
- Alcohol and Drug Use
- Chronic Disease Prevention and Management
- Communicable Disease Prevention and Management
- Environmental and Occupation Health
- Healthy Growth and Development
- Injury and Violence Prevention
- Mental Health
- Nutrition and Healthy Foods
- Oral Health
- Physical Activity
- Reproductive and Sexual
- Tobacco Use and Exposure
For more information, see document below or visit Healthiest Wisconsin 2020 at www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/hw2020/index.htm
Communtiy Health Assessment 2017
Healthy People Lincoln County Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
Using information gathered through the Community Health Needs Assessment, Healthy People Lincoln County Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) is updated every five years. The 2018-2023 plan priorities are Mental Health and Substance Abuse
, Nutrition and Healthy Foods
, and Oral Health
The 2018-2023 Plan
We invite you to actively support Healthy People Lincoln County’s Community Health Improvement Plan. If you are interested in volunteering, we encourage you to help with an event or be a member of an area coalition. You can also partner with your family, worksite, or a community organization that you are part of to promote oral health, mental health, and good nutrition. If you are interested in getting involved, contact Shelley at Lincoln County Health Department at 715-539-1360 or email@example.com